Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Being a long distance grandma is very quiet.  Each day we miss the squeals of joy, the banging of spoons on tables, and blocks clattering on the floor.  There are no snuggles with a baby waking up.

But I am very lucky; both my children call 3-4 days a week just to talk.  We share long distance hopes, dreams, and challenges.  It is not the same as sitting down together face to face, but both of my children keep us in their world with these precious phone calls.  Chris calls early in the morning on his way to work, or on his way home.  Jessica calls in the afternoon when she is waiting for Sean to come home.  Thank goodness I have such caring children who invite me into their world.  

My son Chris and my daughter Jessica
Sean, William and Jessica
Chris, Joshua, Jackie and Abigail




3 comments:

  1. It might just maybe have something to do with the way we were brought up. We did and do have pretty wonderful parents that are willing to listen to us ramble.

    ReplyDelete