Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Diamond Rail Fence Quilt

Quilt Club Block of the Month Participants:
In your bag you will find 3 jelly rolls and four 2 1/2" white on white squares. There will be extra fabric leftover after you completed your directions. I will need all that fabric for a border.
-----------------------------------------------------------
1. Iron all three jelly strips.
2. Sew three strips together using an EXACT 1/4" seam. Remember to measure from the TOP of the pinked edge of the jelly strip, NOT the valley of the pinked edge when sewing your 1/4" seam.



3. Press seams away from the center strip.
The width of the strip should be about 7".


4. Trim selvedge edge.


5. Cut FOUR 7" blocks. (I know I have five blocks in my picture...oops! ) Remember to save all leftover material for my border.


6. Mark the 2 1/2" white on white squares diagonally or iron in half on the diagonal.


7. Place white square at the bottom right hand corner...it should be the same placement on each block. Sew on the diagonal.


8. Trim leaving a 1/4" seam. Press the seam to the dark side.


Thank you for your help with this quilt. You can see how the blocks will form a diamond when I put it together. I will put the squares together after I receive all the blocks!
- Posted using BlogPress from Becky's iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment